10 Things You Didn’t Know About Sunny Benson
- I’ve always loved science. As a kid I asked for a robot, a microscope, and a chemistry set for Christmas. I also requested a frog dissection kit, but never received it. I don’t think my mom thought I’d actually use it, which is funny, because as a little kid she dissected a dead mouse she found to ‘see what was inside’.
- I became a lacto-ovo-vegetarian thirteen years ago after seeing an episode of cops that featured the officers busting a cock fighting ring and finding live, injured chickens discarded in a covered trash can.
- I have three bachelor’s degrees in biology, chemistry, and computer science and a master’s degree in IT.
- I was a high school science teacher before my current occupation as a computer scientist.
- There is an old family story regarding my name. One Sunday after church, my family went for brunch at Perkins, a huge treat for us since we didn’t often eat out very often. I was six years old, and my little sister Tracy was four. When the waiter took my order, I ordered my eggs sunny side up. So of course, applying kid logic, when it was her turn to order, Tracy asked for her eggs Tracy side up.
- When I donned my new fledged wings of adulthood, I procured a tattoo of a Sun, because of my name.
- I was born in Fargo and lived there for the first few weeks of my life, but actually grew up across the border in Fargo’s twin city Moorhead. Go Spuds!
- I attended Space Camp as a teenager and won the “Right Stuff” award.
- I’ve been an insomniac since I was a teenager. The only time in my adult life that I’ve slept well was during my pregnancy with my son.
- I have double jointed elbows. So do my mom, my two sisters, and at least one of my daughters.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Mystery
Rating – PG13
Follow the Tour
6th September – Book Review at Paws on Books
13th September – Guest Post at Living Books
20th September – Book Review at Reading Away Life
27th September – Author Interview at Me, You & Books