Monday, May 19, 2014

MCT Energy Bars Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

The LipiX© MCT Bar is a delicious meal replacement formula comprising Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT), protein, Fiber and Omega-3 DHA to support brain health.First ever food with high Medium Chain Triglycerides (7g of MCTs per bar), a type of saturated fat found in human breast milk, coconut oil and palm oils and are known to generate Ketone bodies, a source of energy, used by brain cells.
LipiX© MCT Bars are specially designed to retain DHA stable in an energy bar. LipiX© MCT Bars have NO ADDED SUGAR and all of its sweetness is derived from vegetable glycerin (from Vegitable Oils) and fruits. With MCT Bars, no need to buy MCT oil, DHA capsules and protein separately. LipiX© MCT Bar is a science based meal replacement health food with nine organic ingredients.

My review:
Honestly, as a health and fitness freak, I'm a huge fan of testing out energy bars and was really excited to try out the box of Vanilla Lipix MCT Energy Bars that I received. The stats look great for an energy bar—low carb and high fat and protein—but that's where my praise ends. The texture and consistency of the bar itself is terrible. It's very hard, but not crunchy; in fact, it's entirely sticky and chewy like a frozen piece of taffy! It's also very oily and greasy... the oil actually spills off the bar. Not something I like, especially since I don't like high-grease foods. I know these are the healthy MCT oils and everything, but it was still hard to palate. The bar itself wasn't too sweet, which I liked, but because of it's chewiness (it stuck to my teeth like candy!) and the oily taste, I just couldn't finish the whole bar. I imagine if I had finished it, however, it would have been very filling and quite an appetite suppressant because it left an overall bad taste in my mouth.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment