Monday, May 19, 2014

Private Island Party Fourth of July Collection

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

In the July 4th spirit, PrivateIslandParty.com was generous enough to send me a few products from their Fourth of July collection. I received three different items, each which I will review separately:

The first item was a Patriotic Star Beach Ball. This was your standard 16" beach ball that comes deflated and we had to blow it up. I didn't appreciate the strong cheap plastic smell, but I suppose almost all beach balls have that smell to them. It popped after my dog sunk his teeth into it so I didn't get to use it that long, but I imagine it would be perfect for backyard volleyball and Fourth parties.

The second item was this white Patriotic Skimmer Hat. I received two of these plastic hats and honestly they were my least favorite item in the box. They are just a regular plastic hat (made out of the same material they use to make plastic cups—very cheap and flimsy) with a red, white, and blue sticker. I could not imagine ever wearing this hat, especially since it's not even that festive of a costume hat, but it's a nice gesture that Private Island Party sent me this.

The last product I received was a rubber glow ring that I don't have a picture of, but it was pretty cool. It was in the shape of a huge star with red, white, and blue patterns, and it flashes when you push the button on the bottom. Definitely cool for parties, especially when watching fireworks at night!

Overall I got the feeling that PrivateIslandParty is the wholesale version of stores like Spirit or Party City, except the material is a lot cheaper and lower in quality since it is the wholesale versions. I don't think I'd personally order from here because nothing really blew me away, nor did any of the products make me feel particularly excited for the Fourth of July, but I like the cheap prices and online availability.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment