Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Adovia Exfoliating Facial Salts Review

Exfoliating Dead Sea Facial Salts - for Oily Skin - 2 Months Supply Natural facial salts improve your complexion, refresh and firm your skin while leaving it thoroughly cleansed. These salts will infuse your skin with Dead Sea minerals while removing dead skin cells, leaving your face radiant, smooth and refreshed. Eliminates Bacteria and excess oil Exfoliates dead skin cells and pore clogging particles Revitalizes and refreshes skin, revealing a new, healthy layer. Stimulates facial skin circulation and tightens pores Directions: Apply salt to a clean wet face and massage gently. Rinse off with warm water. Follow with Adovia Moisturizing Cream or Nourishing Night Cream. Tip for Normal to Dry and Dry skin types: Although this Facial Dead Sea mineral salt were designed for oily skin, a long-time client of ours who has a dry skin type gave us a great tip which she works great for her. She told us that she mixes the facial salts with some olive oil and exfoliates that way with the combination of olive oil and facial salts. She said that she gets the exfoliating effect and the benefit of the minerals going in her skin, and her skin stays moisturized and smooth.
My review: I love using Adovia's Facial Salts as a salt scrub. I definitely have oily skin, especially when I go to bed and wake up in the morning, so this is a nice nighttime treatment that exfoliates the all-natural way. It's just regular salt without any added chemicals or fragrances; however, it is special because it is a mineral salt from the dead sea. This is the finest quality of salt you can get for beauty!
Since I have sensitive skin, I didn't want to risk rubbing the salt too harshly on my face. I mixed about a teaspoon of it with a squirt of my regular face wash, then mixed the two together to create my own scrub. When I washed it off, my skin was smooth and did feel a little dried out from the salt, but that wasn't a problem after I applied toner and moisturizer. It did not cause any irritation, thank goodness, so this product gets my approval for sensitive skin! I will need to use it a few more times to see the long-term effects of it on my face, but I think if I use it a couple times a week, it would be a great natural exfoliant.
A warning would be that: since this is pure salt, it will obviously dissolve in water. Do not dispense the product with wet hands or try to mix it with water. You will just get salt water! I used a little plastic spoon, then stored the spoon in a ziploc bag with the jar of salt for future use. This is sanitary and ensures your salt will not get wet and dissolve.
This is obviously a better option for salt scrubs than table salts, but it is a tad pricey considering it's just salt. My only quibble with it is the packaging; it is filled to the brim (more product, yay!) so upon unscrewing the wide lid of the jar, much of it spills out. I scooped a third of it out and put it in a clean Mason jar so I wouldn't have this problem, but I was disappointed that this mess happened in the first place, and that there was no seal or anything to protect the salts from spilling.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment