Monday, July 21, 2014

Freedom Superfoods Cacao Powder Review

  • Great taste and blends well, just one tablespoon brings a delicious dark chocolate flavor. Customers have said "smells like chocolatey heaven!"
  • Perfect for raw treats! Or even baked treats. The secret to a really good homemade chocolate or mocha. Enjoy the smooth rich dark texture in all your recipes.
  • Being rich in nutrients, minerals & flavonoids our cacao powder is highly alkalizing. As a result many customers report excellent sleep and energy. Marvel as your chocolate cravings disappear. Some buyers have even noticed their appetite has decreased significantly as well.
  • You know this has been created with quality in mind because we only source from small sustainably run family owned farms in the most secluded, untouched, ancient rainforest in remote parts of the Dominican Republic. The result is the purest of raw organic cacao powder. Which is then processed in our FDA approved facility free of the 8 major allergens including GLUTEN.
  • Delivered in a heavy-duty, re-sealable stand-up pouch. This makes it easy to store and doesn't take up much space. Also helps your cacao stay fresh. When you order now, know that you're protected by a 60 day, no questions ask money back guarantee - even if you return the pouch completely empty. Your satisfaction is our goal.

My review: Raw cacao powder is great for milkshakes, baking, or anywhere else you just need a protein boost. Gluten and nut free, this comes straight from cacao beans and is RAW, which separates it from cocoa powder, which is roasted. Raw cacao powder maintains all its nutrients and antioxidants from the cacao bean, most of which are broken down when the beans are roasted. That means this raw powder is a much healthier cocoa powder alternative.

To me, it tastes the same and I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference between this and dark cocoa powder! You could use cacao and cocoa powders interchangeably, but using cacao would be the much healthier option.

The powder comes in a resealable plastic bag, and a little goes a long way; I made homemade brownies with this and the recipe was much darker and richer with this cacao powder, just the way I like it! I love this powder and will be using it regularly. Next time I will try mixing it with almond butter to make "homemade Nutella" and even with some peanut butter to make "homemade Reese's spread." So delicious! This would make wonderful hot chocolate as well. Can't wait to experiment with the different recipes I can use this in.

My only complaint is that it is pretty pricey. 14 oz. is a LOT of cacao powder, but $18 is also a lot of money. I wish they sold this in smaller sizes at cheaper prices to make it more affordable.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment