Friday, July 25, 2014

Adovia Pure Shea Butter Review

  • #1 RATED SHEA BUTTER ON THE MARKET! Natural Relief from Dry Skin, Psoriasis Dryness, Eczema and Acne. Excellent for Stretch Marks for Pregnancy or Other.
  • 100% Natural and Organic Pure Shea Butter - Made with Hand Selected Finest Nuts of the Shea Tree in Ghana.
  • Deep Moisturizer for Skin - Contains VITAMIN A, VITAMIN E AND VITAMIN F - DOES NOT CLOG PORES - Highly Moisturizing and Long Lasting - Beneficial for Hair & Skin Health and Beauty
  • Used by Top Skin Care DYI Experts for DYI Soap, DYI Lotions, Body Butter and More - Highest Quality Guaranteed
  • 1 POUND - Packaged in a Resealable and Recyclable Container for Easy Access and Storage

My review: This one-pound tub of Adovia Cleopatra's Choice Shea Butter is 100% pure African shea butter with no added preservatives or chemicals that most lotions and body butters contain. Shea butter is a common ingredient in a lot of beauty products, and it is a natural moisturizer for the body and face.

In raw form, it is quite hard, like a hardened bar of soap, but melts very gently if you press it against your skin, kind of like coconut oil. I had a hard time really rubbing this into my skin, but the trick is to get it warm in between your hands before spreading it on. It does not slather on like a lotion or cream, you really have to rub it in.

While it is a great all-natural way to lock in moisture, it made my skin a bit itchy. I'm not sure why this happened... perhaps it is an allergic reaction? Or maybe I applied too much on my legs. I have never had shea butter sensitivity before so I'm not sure. The formula isn't really greasy like coconut oil, but it definitely makes your skin tacky. I could tell my skin was moisturized but it wasn't immediately soft, it was just sticky and waxy in texture, which I didn't like. However, it kept my legs moisturized for a long time. This stuff is non comedogenic so I will try using it on my face in the future.

I did not care for the scent (or rather, lack thereof). It smells like an unscented candle, waxy and almost woodsy, but it's not a "pleasant" fragrance. However, for not having any added fragrances or chemicals, I suppose I can tolerate it.

A huge advantage of Adovia's shea butter is that it comes in an enormous tub. A little goes a long way with this body butter, so the one-pound tub will definitely last a long time. My only concern is how it is stored. I scoop out a little with a spatula when I use it, but I'm not sure if that is sanitary since the tub is just left in the open, even with the resealable cap. A tube would have been more sanitary.

Overall I'm a little torn over this product. On one hand it is all-natural, relatively inexpensive, and provides long-lasting moisture for dry skin, but on the other hand, it doesn't smell so hot, and did cause a little bit of irritation, because of its raw form. I would recommend this for people who don't want to use regular lotions or creams because of the added chemicals.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment