Saturday, August 9, 2014

5KTape Review

Premium kinesiology tape. Two black 2 in. x 16.4 ft pre cut, I & Y shape, waterproof, latex free, hypo-allergenic sports and athletic tape. Provides stability and support to your muscles. Reduces pain, inflammation and promotes circulation!

Kinesiology is beneficial for everyone! Many people besides athletes use it. Effective for the elderly, children, and everyone in between!  5KTape can be used on shin splints, back pain, shoulder, knee, and ankle injuries, plus many more sports and everyday aches and pains. Works great on sore muscles and bruises too!

My review: I'm no gym rat, but as a former athlete and present runner (..sometimes) I do get the occasional shin splints or sore muscles from my workouts. I also have chronic lower back pain from my cross-country years, so I didn't think I could lose anything by trying 5KTape kinesiology tape.

Basically, you apply this to whichever body part needs some extra support in a stretched position. I used it for my lower back, so I hunched over, making sure my entire back was arched, applied three strips of tape in a semi-hashtag fashion, and then sat straight up. Since the tape is applied to your stretched muscles, when you contract those muscles, the tape "wrinkles" a bit, but that's where the magic happens. It keeps your muscles taut and works almost as a backup ligand, except it's not a brace or anything bulky; it's just a piece of cloth tape that fits like a second skin.

5KTape is high quality tape, and it's already in precut strips with adhesive backing, so there's no fuss with cutting or peeling. I admit this tape takes some getting used to for first-time users. You may have to practice a few times to apply it just right. Whenever I unpeeled the back adhesive, the tape would stick to itself, and it doesn't unstick very well. Or, I would apply it and get a small crease in the tape while it was on my skin, and that part would not smooth out. Sort of frustrating, but like I said, once I got the hang of it, it wasn't a problem at all.

I could definitely feel the tight pulling in my back that allowed me to sit up straighter. The tape is very breathable and waterproof/sweatproof. It flexes with your body, and doesn't feel like tape at all. It's very easy to wear under clothes because it isn't bulky, and you can go the whole day without really noticing it. I love that!

For methods and practices of using the tape on specific body parts, look up instruction videos by typing in "Kinesiology tape ---body part---" and you'll find lots of useful information.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment