Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Priority Chef Dual Julienne and Vegetable Peeler Review



  • The only julienne cutter and vegetable peeler and slicer that you will ever need, premium 2 in 1 zoodle maker and peeler, easily create professional quality julienne vegetables and healthy vegetarian noodles or zoodles in seconds
  • Our vegetable peeler is perfect to peel potatos, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, butternut squash, apples, onions and more in seconds - giving a professional cut each and every time.
  • Stunning brushed metal finish with ultra sharp blades that will create perfect zoodles, peeled, slice or julienned vegetables any professional chef would be proud of - every time with a fraction of the time it normally takes
  • FREE eBook offering 40+ healthy dishes that be created using our tool - Liven up meal times and get your kids interested in eating vegetables with these great healthy recipes - exclusive to Priority Chef

  • My review: I love this julienne peeler and find it an affordable, convenient, and efficient alternative to expensive spiralizers. As a huge health foodie AND carbaholic (an unfortunate combination), I'm always trying to find ways to cut down on carbs, and vegetable noodles are my heaven-sent answer. By cutting pasta and rice noodles out of my diet, I save SO many calories, but can still enjoy my yummy Italian pasta dishes and Asian noodle salads.

    Any firm vegetable will make fair-sized noodles, but my favorites are zucchini/squash noodles (virtually flavorless, and can work with any sauce), raw carrot noodles (for a raw crunch), cucumber noodles (a neat way to eat cucumber salads), and potato noodles (for hash browns!!!). The possibilities for recipes and garnishes are endless.

    The Priority Check dual peeler both peels your vegetables, but also has another side to it that juliennes, or finely shreds, your vegetables. I no longer have to take ten minutes to finely shred my carrots for salads—this peeler does it for me in seconds! It is very sturdy and I was impressed by how high-quality the metal is. It won't be breaking on me anytime soon, and the blades look like they'll last a lifetime.

    The peeler is slightly dangerous because there are no protective covers on the blades; I would suggest storing this in the box it comes in, because otherwise you could cut yourself while digging around for it in a drawer. While peeling, it is very easy to cut yourself, especially if you're working fast or working with a smaller, rounder object (like a potato). One solution I've found is to place the vegetable on a cutting board and hold one end down with a fork. This way, you can julienne the veggie quickly and effectively, without accidentally shredding your fingers—which I have definitely done before. Ouch!

    My only complaint is how difficult it is to wash this item. Since I only use it for vegetables, I never need to scrub it with dish soap or anything like that, but when using pulpier veggies, like carrots, potatoes, and cucumbers, little shreds of vegetable will get stuck between blades and in the metal sections of the peeler. A dish sponge/towel hardly fits in there, and I'm definitely not touching those blades with my fingers, so usually I just need to run it through running water until the shreds come out. However, if you don't have very strong water pressure, I would suggest using a toothpick or small cleaning brush to clean in between blades; you don't want these pieces of food drying and getting stuck to your kitchen tool!



    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment