Monday, August 11, 2014

Barefaced Dead Sea Mud Mask Review

Join millions and experience the Dead Sea's natural wonders...
Bursting with Goodness
Dead Sea mud is full of natural minerals, salts and nutrients, proven to have repairing and healing properties for our skin.
Sent from Mother Nature
Filtered down from the surrounding mountains, layers of fine salt, sand and clay deposits have developed over centuries to form the black mud of the Dead Sea. Our mud has been harvested straight from its bed.
Enriched with Organic Ingredients
Our mud is the best we could get our paws on. All we've done is added a few all organic ingredients to ensure it remains fresh for your skin to enjoy.
Proven to Naturally Improve the Appearance & Feel of our Skin
- Tone, tighten and improve skin texture.
- Exfoliate, unclog and purify pores. Help rid your skin of blackheads and imperfections.
- Draw out unseen excess oils and impurities.
- Moisturize and stimulate skin collagen to help fight wrinkles.
- All natural and organic ingredients. Paraben free.
Compliment & Complete your Beauty Regime
Free radicals from pollution in our modern world mean simply cleansing and moisturizing isn't enough to ensure your skin is bare and beautiful. Our deep cleansing mud mask contains natural anti oxidants to fight free radical damage and maintain healthier, younger looking skin.
Show off your Bareface
Banish those bad skin days and reveal a Barefaced more confident you. Skin will feel beautifully bare, purified and rejuvenated. This good skin feeling with brighten up your complexion and your day.

My review: I wanted to love this all-natural, supposedly blackhead-clearing mud mask, but I feel like it didn't do anything good for my skin. I have sensitive skin to begin with, but I also have oily-combination skin and struggle with acne and clogged pores, so I thought this mask treatment would be great. I have tried other mud masks in the past—some on the quite expensive range—so Barefaced's Mud Mask seemed like a pretty affordable, completely natural option.

However, I had a few issues with it. I'm not sure if the formula separated or if I just received an old batch, but my mask was extremely watery in its container. There wasn't any visible separation (i.e. I didn't see a layer of water pronounced on top) but I gave it a stir with a spoon anyway. It didn't help much, so I applied it as it was. Because of it's non-sticky, watery nature, it was rather hard to apply and dripped down my face as I was using it. The consistency is hardly a mask, it was more like a face wash!

After about two minutes of waiting with the watery mixture on my face, I started to feel tingles. Usually if your skin tingles while using a mask treatment, it means it's working. Usually, it isn't an unpleasant sensation, and it's actually quite invigorating. However, with this mask, it was very much an unpleasant feeling; it wasn't itchy, but it just didn't feel good! I wanted to scrub it off then and there. I did not wait a full ten minutes like instructed, and only kept it on for a total of three. When I washed it off, my entire face was bright red. Not swollen or broken out in rash (thankfully!) but tomato red. Thank goodness it was nighttime, otherwise I would not have been able to go out like that.

The redness took about an hour to die down, and my resulting facial texture was nothing to call home about. In fact, the mask left a certain residue on my skin that made it feel a bit waxy—definitely not soft and smooth as it advertises. I did not see a visible reduction in blackheads, pore size, or blemishes. I didn't see anything, other than redness and the residual layer that wouldn't disappear even after a second face washing. I just assumed it was a moisturizing property of the mask, but it didn't feel hydrating and smoothing.

I'm not sure if I'd be willing to give this mask another try, even though I have the entire jar left. Apparently you are not supposed to use this more than twice a week, yet you have to use up the entire jar within six months of opening, so I'm pretty sure a lot of it is going to go to waste, especially since twice a week is two times too many.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment