Thursday, August 14, 2014

TrueSol Yacon Syrup Review

  • Pure yacon syrup assists in weight loss and slimming waist sizes, regulating blood sugar, and increasing daily fiber intake
  • The syrup, distilled from the Peruvian tuber yacon -- contains up to 50 percent fructooligosacharides, or FOS. FOS, classified as a prebiotic, is a non-caloric sweetener and also a fiber source.
  • According to a 2009 Scientific study, daily intake of yacon syrup produced a significant decrease in body weight, waist circumference and body mass index.
  • Yacon syrup Speeds up the metabolism to combat excess fat and regulates the hunger hormone, making you feel full longer.
  • Low-Glycemic Sweetener

My review: Yacon syrup contains ingredients that naturally lower blood sugar, and it can be used as a substitute for high-calorie or high-glycemic sweeteners such as sugar or maple syrup as well. The bottle recommends taking this as a supplement for weight loss by the spoonful, like medicine, but personally I wouldn't recommend that because it doesn't taste that great by itself. It's not entirely unpleasant, but it's kind of a stale-sweet, starchy flavor that's the same texture as corn syrup; I would not find myself craving this stuff by the spoonful.

Instead, I use it to sweeten foods that I normally add sugar or honey to, such as teas, nut butters, and baking recipes. This is an excellent sugar and honey substitute, with less calories, and a lot more fiber! I'm a huge health foodie, and am always looking for healthier alternatives to my favorite foods and ingredients. While yacon syrup's taste is far from regular honey or sugar/stevia, it's virtually tasteless with a hint of sweetness that will let you have the same sweetness in foods without sacrificing your waist line.

Giveaway: If you want to win your own bottle of Yacon syrup, please email me at jsididia@gmail.com and I will choose ONE winner.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment