Tuesday, June 24, 2014

HSI Argan Oil Review


Discover the Moroccan 'liquid gold', the product your hair needs for constant nourishment and incredible shine! The essential nutrients contained in this magic-in-a-bottle product are meant to give your hair a very healthy look, lots of shine and velvet smoothness. This is a leave-in treatment conditioner which feels really light on your hair, without building up residue or being greasy.

HSI Professional recommends the use of Argan Oil as an extra thermal protection before styling your hair with tools such as the flat iron, the hair dryer or the curling iron. It is suitable for all hair types, and you will just be sorry you have not discovered it before! It tames the frizz, it gives a lovely scent to your hair and it makes it soft and shiny. It really seems like your hair is in for a fabulous treat!

My review: HSI Argan Oil is quite thick in formula, much thicker than pure argan oils I have tried. Its texture is almost like that of a cooking oil, so using too much could make your hair greasy. There is a pleasant hair product scent to it, because it has added fragrance, and it spreads out nicely in your hair, not creating clumps. I like this because it didn't make my hair greasy!

I can't say anything about added shine, but as a leave-in treatment, it definitely did make my hair softer and easier to brush (I usually have slightly wavy, very tangly hair). I noticed this has lots of added ingredients so it is NOT all-natural. If you are looking for an all-natural pure argan oil, this product is not it.

However, because it worked pretty well I would use it again. My biggest complaint is the packaging. You're only supposed to use a few drops and smooth it through your wet hair, but there is no dropper or pump; it's just a screw-top bottle, which means you need to POUR the oil into your palm. Obviously if you pour an oil, you're not going to get a perfect 2-3 drops; you're going to get a little handful. Fortunately, I had some extra droppers from vitamin C serums laying around, and one of them fit perfectly on the mouth of this glass bottle. You are going to want to invest in a screw-on dropper bottle or pump cap if you want to use this product correctly and not waste it.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment