Thursday, June 19, 2014

StyloPhora Ice Ball Molds Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Do You Want Chilled Drinks-In Half the Time with Minimal Dilution?
If you've also had good quality drinks ruined by fast melting ice, Ice Ball Molds by StyloPhora are the answer you've been waiting for!
"We love these ice ball molds, they even look great on my counter"
"These are the best quality molds we have found"
- Original StyloPhora Funnel Included in the Pack! 
- Slow Melting due to Large surface area. 
- Chills your Drinks Faster. 
- Never Dilute your Favourite Drinks Again. 
- Pack of 3 Molds so you Never run out. 
- Re-use molds time and time again.
Add some Class to your Glass!
Not only do these ice balls prevent dilution of your drinks and chill them quickly, They also look Great and add some Class to your favourite Drinks.
Impress your Friends and bring excitement to your Party
- Ice Ball Molds will add Style to Any Drink. 
- Great Ice Breaker at Parties. 
- Create Healthy Juice ice balls for Kids. 
- Great Gift Idea.

Review: I absolutely love the idea of these ice ball molds. Each order is a set of three molds. Each mold is made of smooth, 100% food-grade silicone. I loved how smooth and flexible they were, unlike some of the plastic ice ball mold's I've tried!

There's a line at the top of the hole where you pour water in to conveniently let you know where to fill the water to. The water line takes into account the expansion of water as it turns to ice, which I thought was thoughtful to include.


The set comes with a collapsable silicone funnel that fits in the hole at the top perfectly. This was the only thing about the product I didn't like. There was no hole at the bottom of the funnel and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to use it! I felt like an idiot struggling with a funnel LOL! However, I just cut a little hole at the bottom of the silicone to make use of it. Not a huge issue, but I shouldn't have had to do that.

The molds have a flattened surface (but the insides are a smooth dome, so you get a perfectly round ball of ice) so you can stick them in the freezer without worrying about them rolling around. This is especially useful since the hole at the top would spill water if it rolled around in the freezer!

Upon freezing, all you have to do is open up the silicone ball, and push the ice ball out. This worked fabulously, to my pleasant surprise, as the molds are very pliable and so the ice just pops out without any fuss. 

The packaging isn't pretty... it's just a flimsy plastic tube (like a tennis ball can) with Scotch tape haphazardly wrapped around the ends to secure the equally flimsy plastic lids. This would not be impressive for gift giving, I would have liked a better plastic packaging, or maybe for these to be boxed. Otherwise, this is a cool product, great for entertaining and drinking aficionados!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment