Saturday, June 21, 2014

Skin Secret Derma Roller Review

STIMULATES COLLAGEN PRODUCTION Collagens have great tensile strength, and provide these body structures with the ability to withstand forces that stretch them. Collagens consist of three polypeptide chains arranged in a triple helix, and are bundled together in fibers. This can be used with collagen creams, collagen lotions, collagen supplements to amplify the collagen production and improve skin quality

HELPS ELIMINATE SCARS INLUDING ACNE SCARS scars will become less vissible over time, including acne scars. This is a good alternative to invasive laser surgery. This product works with othe acne treatments by allowing product to penetrate skin

REDUCES APPEARANCE OF FINE LINES AND WRINKLES this will help eliminate bags under the eye, skin discoloarion, large pores. The skin will appear firmer. Works well with skin lotions, skin creams and skin serums like ascorbic acid vitamin e hyalurunic acid.

REDUCES CELLULITE AND STRETCH MARKS. Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and cellulite. This is without liposouction or other invasive procedures.

My review: You're supposed to use this product on your face to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but I didn't use it on my face for four good reasons:

  1. I was too much of a wuss. These are tiny needles you're poking into your skin!!
  2. I don't have fine lines or wrinkles.
  3. This product should not be used on acne, and having oily and acne-prone skin, I didn't want to risk using it even when my face was clear
  4. There are virtually no instructions about cleaning or sanitizing the product, and I didn't want to risk my face in case there were any contamination complications
So, I used it on the inside of my things where I have mild stretch marks from previous weight loss/gain. I don't have cellulite anywhere else, just on the INSIDES of my things, which has always bothered me. The skin there is obviously sensitive, but not as sensitive as my face, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I only used the roller on one leg to be able to make a comparison with my "control" leg. When rolling, you're supposed to do about 10 strokes in each direction—horizontally, vertically, and diagonally each time. The sensation isn't exactly pain, but it does sting a little, like a sunburn as described in the product claim. No blood was drawn, which was my biggest concern, but then again I'm a huge wuss and I was rolling very lightly. I do not doubt you could draw blood with this thing if you pressed really hard into your skin. *cringe*

Thankfully I did not experience much redness or swelling, afterwards. I immediately slathered the treated area with a hyaluronic acid serum (for better absorption!), and then my regular body lotion. If I had any cellulite cream available, I would have used that on top of the treated areas. I did not see immediate results; in fact, my legs look exactly the same now, but the product claims say to use it a few times before making a comparison.

The biggest concern I have is sanitary reasons. You are supposed to clean and sanitize this product before and after each use, but it doesn't tell you how. I am not going to run it under soap and water... how would I ensure complete cleaning? I'm not touching these needles with my bare fingers. I considered rolling it over some rubbing alcohol but am not sure how that would react with the metal. So basically I am scared to reuse it...... hopefully I'll find a solution soon enough.

Giveaway: If you want to try this yourself, I'm giving away one free derma roller. Email jsididia@gmail.com to be considered for entry.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment