Thursday, June 19, 2014

Natural Stacks Vitamin D3 Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Vitamin D3 plays an integral role in regulating the neuromuscular and immune systems, as well as mood and sleep. It’s also a critical hormone precursor that supports new cell growth and bone formation.
  • 5,000 IU of D3 with 100 mg of Certified Organic Coconut Oil per softgel
  • Coconut Oil aids the absorption of fat-soluble Vitamin D
  • Highly bioavailable form of natural Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol)
Your body naturally converts sunlight to Vitamin D, but most people don’t get near enough sun exposure (unless you’re an outdoorsy nudist living near the equator).  Natural Stacks Vitamin D3 is a performance essential.

My review: I'm a lover of vitamin supplements and was eager to try this coconut oil Vitamin D3 softgel. The capsules are very tiny, and a clear-yellowish color. They don't smell or taste like anything, and the size makes them easy to swallow.

The ingredients list indicates the only factor of D3 component is coconut oil;  basically you are consuming pure coconut oil. I suppose if you normally consume a lot of coconut oil in your diet, you would not need to take Vitamin D3 supplements.

There are 180 softgels in the bottle, and you take one per day, so that's a 3-month supply, which isn't bad for the price. My only concern is that the general recommended daily dosage of Vitamin D3 is 4000 IU, but these pills offer 5,000 IU. Not a HUGE concern, as these are fat-soluble pills so overdosage won't kill you, but like I said, if you have a diet that already contains lots of Vitamin D3, this product may be unnecessary.

To my dismay, after opening this bottle, about one-third of the capsules in the bottle clouded up, and I believe the coconut oil inside had hardened up. This is strange because I kept them in a cool, dry place as instructed. I know this isn't a huge issue but at first glance it made me think the capsules had gone bad, and I checked the expiration date (2016, which means it should be safe). However, I think Natural Stacks should find a way to prevent this from happening, as it's unnerving to have a bottle of pills that are half clear, half cloudy.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment